If you are training for an endurance event and confused as to how to fuel and eat to support the volume and intensity of your training load while maintaining health and optimizing performance, then Performance Fueling is the service for you. This is a comprehensive service that covers both daily nutrition and fueling during training sessions. We will focus on daily nutrient timing, fueling, and hydration/electrolyte replacement.
This service provides ongoing support, weekly guidance over a 6-week time frame, including 4 consults.
Performance Fueling service specifics:
- Overview of nutritional status and eating
- Assessment of macronutrient balance in snacks/meals
- Fueling for specific workouts and training sessions
- Recovery fueling for post-workout and how to fuel for two/day workouts
- Pre-workout fueling
- Eating on recovery days
- Nutrition and hydration on sick days
- Nutrition and hydration on travel days
- Strategies to promote recovery and combat inflammation
- Sports nutrition and fueling protocol to meet energy demands during training
- Hydration and electrolyte protocol to meet sweat and electrolyte loss
- Supplement and vitamin/mineral requirements
- Nutrient timing around workouts for optimal recovery, energy and minimize cravings and fatigue.
- Review of lab work (if applicable)
- Nutrition guidance to optimize sleep, stress management, appetite, cravings, energy levels, and blood sugar fluctuations.
- GI distress, bloating issues
- Body composition goals
- Completion of our online Nutrition/Training questionnaire and dietary intake before your scheduled consult. These forms will be delivered to your inbox after purchase.
- A nutrition plan custom-built for your training load and active lifestyle
- Specific guidelines on macronutrient intake based on your health and activity level.
- Review of current (within 6 months) lab work, submitted by the athlete (if applicable).
- A detailed summary of the discussion and goals will be emailed to you within 24 hours after the consult.
- Support and encouragement to help you implement nutrition changes.
- A 60-minute consultation via phone, skype, or facetime (your preference) that includes a discussion of completed forms and interactive dialog on strategies for improvement.
- 45-minute follow-up session within two weeks of the initial consult.
- 45-minute follow-up session four weeks after the initial consult.
- Final 30-minute follow-up session six weeks after the initial consult.
- Weekly email communication for the full six weeks of the service.
- *Additional follow-up sessions available for purchase.
- *Race Day Fuel Plan and Sweat Test available for purchase as add-ons to this service.